The Standlee Difference
Imagine, it’s a Saturday morning – you wake up at the crack of dawn (since farm work doesn’t acknowledge weekends), ready to start your day at the “office.” You load your grease gun, and check the oil and hydraulic levels of your equipment, it’s time to make hay (or premium forage in our case)! But what’s the difference? There are plenty of folks living the same lifestyle, growing and cutting hay all across this great country of ours. Heck, your neighbor down the road has been growing hay since your grandad was in the business, it only makes sense to feed his hay, doesn’t it?
If you check out our website, you’ll see a page, and often hear what we refer to as “The Standlee Difference,” but what does that even mean? From performing soil tests prior to planting to gauge nutrient levels of our fields, to running 4x4x8 bales through the plant to be manufactured as pellets, cubes, compressed bales and others, to timely shipments of premium products that bring nourishment and comfort to your animals, to the doorstep of your local farm and ranch retail store – quality is not just a word, it’s an action that each Standlee Premium Western Forage® employee lives by every day in what they do. And this doesn’t even skim the surface of each and every step taken to guarantee quality standards are met, and better yet, exceeded when we can. Making hay is not just a process or a job for us, it’s an art, a science and a passion that we carefully refine, so we can honestly say we grow the best quality forage in the country, for feeding your horses and other animals to meet their nutritional needs.
Let’s dive into what defines The Standlee Difference:
- Forage is cut, raked and baled at the perfect time, every time
- Certified Noxious Weed Free products come from fields inspected by the Idaho Department of Agriculture – these certified products can be used in protected wilderness areas
- Our forage is housed in sheds at the plant or tarped, completely covered from top to bottom and around the sides to protect and maintain quality
- Idaho gifts us with a dry climate and ideal soil conditions – sunny skies and water access when and where desired allows us to control just the right amount of moisture needed for best plant growth
- We pride ourselves in naturally sun-curing (drying) our forage – never adding any chemical preservatives
- Quality assurance sets the standard for manufacturing processes and product specifications – after all, sharing the highest quality products is what defines our existence
The Standlee Difference involves so much more than we can explain in a single blog post, so stay with us through this journey. We want to welcome you into our fields, the plant and essentially, our home, to understand why we take this so seriously, but still have a little fun while we’re at it! Speaking of fun, a little birdie mentioned a giveaway with this blog post which you are going to love. While we should remember to be thankful all year, this month dedicates a little extra time to it. With that said, to enter, all you need to do is share in the comments section of this blog post, what you are most thankful for. Really, that’s it!
Let’s get you started! We can’t choose just one, so here are a few of the many reasons we’re feeling so thankful:
- to those we serve - horses, cattle, goats, chickens, etc. and their humans!
- for early mornings, to enjoy beautiful Idaho sunrises
- for long days, because our commitment gives us great purpose in our daily work
- for family, because at the end of the day, that is the one thing we all have in common – whether it’s your family by blood, your fur family or your framily (friends that are family!), you can always count on them
By the way, if you have an idea, or even want your story or four-legged (even two-legged for our chicken peeps) friends featured on our Standlee Barn Bulletin blog, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.