Premium Timothy Grass Compressed Bale
Premium Timothy Grass Compressed Bales are formed by allowing Standlee forage to grow to the proper stage of maturity, cutting the plants, allowing them to sun-cure (dry) to an acceptable moisture level and baling the forage at the optimal time. Standlee Premium Products creates compressed bales of forage from a large 4’x4’x8’ bale that is put through a press, sliced horizontally, pushed onto a scale, weighed, compressed and then banded. Timothy Grass forage is highly palatable, is low to moderate in protein and high in digestible fiber.
Get a $2 off coupon for this product*
*Coupon expires May 31, 2021. Offer excludes Standlee 2 & 3 string bales. By entering your email address you will automatically be subscribed to receive Standlee Premium Products emails. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Growing (slow to moderate growth), mature and overweight horses, horses with HYPP, performance horses, early pregnancy mares and breeding stallions
OTHER PRODUCT BENEFITS
- Natural forage length mimics grazing
- Moderate protein
- Lower calories than alfalfa or mixed forages
- Slow intake, stimulates chewing and minimizes digestive upset
- Convenient to handle and store
- Physical form allows visual inspection of quality and consistency
|Crude Protein||Min 8%|
|Crude Fat||Min 1.5%|
|Crude Fiber||Max 35%|
Naturally Sun-Cured Premium Western Timothy Grass Forage
Forage is the most important component of a horse’s diet and should be fed at a rate of 1.5-2.5% of a horse’s body weight.
Calculate how much to feed your horse by simply entering your horses weight below. Calculate your horse's weight.
Follow these simple steps to determine your horse’s weight
- Measure your horse’s heart girth. Measure around the midsection, immediately behind the elbow and withers.
- Measure your horse’s body length. Measure from the point of the shoulder to the point of the buttock (tuber ischii).
- Weight Estimate Calculation:
Adult Horse: (Heart Girth x Hearth Girth x Body Length) / 330 = Bodyweight
Yearling: (Heart Girth x Hearth Girth x Body Length) / 301 = Bodyweight
Weanling: (Heart Girth x Hearth Girth x Body Length) / 208 = Bodyweight
- Weigh the amount of forage provided to each horse to ensure you are feeding the proper amount. This is especially important with baled and compressed forage since similar volumes of forage (a flake for example) vary in weight.
- Cut the bands on compressed bales 8 to 10 hours before feeding to allow the bale to expand to avoid overfeeding.
- Gradually replace existing hay with Standlee forage over a 7-10 day period. Replace existing hay on a 1 to 1 basis with Standlee forage.
- Never feed moldy or insect infested forage to horses.
- Always provide free-access to fresh, clean water.
If you have questions, please contact the nutritionists at Standlee Premium Products, or consult with your veterinarian.