Premium Teff Grass Pellets
Premium Teff Grass Pellets are high density, ¼ inch pellets of Standlee forage. Teff Grass is low in sugar, high in fiber and highly palatable.
Get a $2 off coupon for this product*
*Coupon expires May 31, 2021. Offer excludes Standlee 2 & 3 string bales. By entering your email address you will automatically be subscribed to receive Standlee Premium Products emails. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Horses and livestock that are sensitive to sugar and starches. Horses who suffer from disease conditions like Insulin Resistance, Cushings, Tying-up Syndrome, or who are overweight.
Contact your local store for information on Standlee product availability.Find a Store
OTHER PRODUCT BENEFITS
- Ideal All- Natural Alternative for Horses with IR, Cushings or Tying-Up Diseases
- Great for Overweight Animals
- Pelleted Format is Ideal for Senior Animals
|Crude Protein||Min 12%|
|Crude Fat||Min 1.5%|
|Crude Fiber||Max 27%|
|Acid Detergent Fiber (ADF)||Max 36%|
|Neutral Detergent Fiber (NDF)||Max 56%|
|Ethanol soluble carb (ESC)||Max 6%|
Naturally Sun-Cured Premium Western Teff Grass Forage
Forage is the most important component of a horse’s diet and should be fed at a rate of 1.5-2.5% of a horse’s body weight.
Calculate how much to feed your horse by simply entering your horses weight below. Calculate your horse's weight.
Follow these simple steps to determine your horse’s weight
- Measure your horse’s heart girth. Measure around the midsection, immediately behind the elbow and withers.
- Measure your horse’s body length. Measure from the point of the shoulder to the point of the buttock (tuber ischii).
- Weight Estimate Calculation:
Adult Horse: (Heart Girth x Hearth Girth x Body Length) / 330 = Bodyweight
Yearling: (Heart Girth x Hearth Girth x Body Length) / 301 = Bodyweight
Weanling: (Heart Girth x Hearth Girth x Body Length) / 208 = Bodyweight
- Standlee recommends that pelleted and cubed forage not be the sole source of forage for horses since feeding some long-stem forage may help eliminate boredom and prevent stall vices.
- Forages can last for long periods of time if stored properly. Always store forages in a cool, dry, and well-ventilated area.
- Feed Standlee at a rate of 2.0% of body weight per day.
- Gradually replace existing forage with Standlee over a 7-10 day period.
- For horses that have dental problems or for horses that aggressively consume their feed, Standlee is recommended to be fed wet, soaked in water (2 parts water to 1 part pellet or cube) for 30 minutes or until properly softened.
- Never feed moldy or insect infested forage to horses.
- Always provide free-access to fresh, clean water.
If you have questions, please contact the nutritionists at Standlee Premium Products, or consult with your veterinarian.