Premium Teff Grass Pellets
Premium Teff Grass Pellets are high density, ¼ inch pellets of Standlee Premium Western Forage. Teff Grass is low in sugar, high in fiber and highly palatable.
For a limited time save $5 when you buy three (3) Standlee products in stores.
*Offer expires 10/31/2020
Horses and livestock that are sensitive to sugar and starches. Horses who suffer from disease conditions like Insulin Resistance, Cushings, Tying-up Syndrome, or who are overweight.
Contact your local store for information on Standlee product availability.Find a Store
OTHER PRODUCT BENEFITS
- Ideal All- Natural Alternative for Horses with IR, Cushings or Tying-Up Diseases
- Great for Overweight Animals
- Pelleted Format is Ideal for Senior Animals
|Crude Protein||Min 12%|
|Crude Fat||Min 1.5%|
|Crude Fiber||Max 27%|
|Acid Detergent Fiber (ADF)||Max 36%|
|Neutral Detergent Fiber (NDF)||Max 56%|
|Ethanol soluble carb (ESC)||Max 6%|
Naturally Sun-Cured Premium Western Teff Grass Forage
Forage is the most important component of a horse’s diet and should be fed at a rate of 1.5-2.5% of a horse’s body weight.
Calculate how much to feed your horse by simply entering your horses weight below. Calculate your horse's weight.
Follow these simple steps to determine your horse’s weight
- Measure your horse’s heart girth. Measure around the midsection, immediately behind the elbow and withers.
- Measure your horse’s body length. Measure from the point of the shoulder to the point of the buttock (tuber ischii).
- Weight Estimate Calculation:
Adult Horse: (Heart Girth x Hearth Girth x Body Length) / 330 = Bodyweight
Yearling: (Heart Girth x Hearth Girth x Body Length) / 301 = Bodyweight
Weanling: (Heart Girth x Hearth Girth x Body Length) / 208 = Bodyweight
- Standlee recommends that pelleted and cubed forage not be the sole source of forage for horses since feeding some long-stem forage may help eliminate boredom and prevent stall vices.
- Forages can last for long periods of time if stored properly. Always store forages in a cool, dry, and well-ventilated area.
- Feed Standlee at a rate of 2.0% of body weight per day.
- Gradually replace existing forage with Standlee over a 7-10 day period.
- For horses that have dental problems or for horses that aggressively consume their feed, Standlee is recommended to be fed wet, soaked in water (2 parts water to 1 part pellet or cube) for 30 minutes or until properly softened.
- Never feed moldy or insect infested forage to horses.
- Always provide free-access to fresh, clean water.
If you have questions, please contact the nutritionists at Standlee Premium Western Forage, or consult with your veterinarian.