Premium Organic Alfalfa Pellets
Premium 100% Organic Alfalfa Pellets are high density pellets of Standlee forage. Alfalfa forage is low in sugar, moderately high in protein, high in calories and digestible fiber. They are certified organic by the USDA and GMO free, with no artificial colors, flavors or chemicals added. Sustainable, and ecologically grown ingredients. This product provides an organic feed alternative for animals and backyard food production for families.
Goats, breeding does, lactating does, growing (rapid growth) and underweight horses, horses with sensitivity to carbohydrates, horses with gastric ulcers, late pregnancy and lactating mares
OTHER PRODUCT BENEFITS
- Certified Organic
- Low in sugar/starch
- Easy to feed and store
- Minimal waste, can be accurately weighed and measured
- Minimal dust
- Useful as an organic fertilizer in gardens or flower beds
- Optimal pellet size for backyard livestock including goats, sheep, cattle, alpacas, horses, rabbits and other ruminates
|Crude Protein||Min 16%|
|Crude Fat||Min 1.5%|
|Crude Fiber||Max 30%|
Naturally Sun-Cured Premium Western Organic Alfalfa Forage
Forage is the most important component of a horse’s diet and should be fed at a rate of 1.5-2.5% of a horse’s body weight.
Calculate how much to feed your horse by simply entering your horses weight below. Calculate your horse's weight.
Follow these simple steps to determine your horse’s weight
- Measure your horse’s heart girth. Measure around the midsection, immediately behind the elbow and withers.
- Measure your horse’s body length. Measure from the point of the shoulder to the point of the buttock (tuber ischii).
- Weight Estimate Calculation:
Adult Horse: (Heart Girth x Hearth Girth x Body Length) / 330 = Bodyweight
Yearling: (Heart Girth x Hearth Girth x Body Length) / 301 = Bodyweight
Weanling: (Heart Girth x Hearth Girth x Body Length) / 208 = Bodyweight
- Goats will consume 2.5% – 3.5% of their body in dry forage per day. This equates to 3.75 – 5.25 lbs. of dry forage per day for
a 150 lb. mature goat. Feed Standlee Premium Products Organic Alfalfa Pellets according to the following guide:
- Breeding Does: 2.5% – 3% of body weight
- Lactating Does: 3% – 3.5% of body weight
- Kid Starter*: 15% – 25% of total diet
- Finisher Diet: 10% – 20% of total diet
- *Goat Kids will generally begin to consume starter at approximately 21 days of age.
- Weigh the amount of forage provided to each horse to ensure you are feeding the proper amount.
- Feeding some long-stem forage (hay) may help eliminate boredom and prevent stall vices.
- Horses that have dental problems or for horses that aggressively consume their feed, Standlee Premium Products cubes and pellets are recommended to be fed wet, soaked in water for 30 minutes or until properly softened.
- Gradually replace existing hay with Standlee forage over a 7-10 day period. Replace existing hay on a 1 to 1 basis with Standlee forage.
- Never feed moldy or insect infested forage to horses.
- Always provide free-access to fresh, clean water.
If you have questions, please contact the nutritionists at Standlee Premium Products, or consult with your veterinarian.