Premium Orchard Grass Pellets
Premium Orchard Grass Pellets are high density, ¼ inch pellets of Standlee Premium Western Forage®. Orchard Grass forage is typically slightly higher in protein and calories compared to Timothy and can be moderate to high in sugar content.
Growing (slow to moderate growth), mature and overweight horses, horses with HYPP, performance horses, mares early in pregnancy and breeding stallions
OTHER PRODUCT BENEFITS
- Moderate protein
- Lower calories than alfalfa or mixed forages
- Minimal waste, can be accurately weighed and measured
- Minimal dust
- Easy to feed and store
|Crude Protein||Min 8%|
|Crude Fat||Min 1.5%|
|Crude Fiber||Max 35%|
Naturally Sun-Cured Premium Western Orchard Grass Forage
Forage is the most important component of a horse’s diet and should be fed at a rate of 1.5-2.5% of a horse’s body weight.
Calculate how much to feed your horse by simply entering your horses weight below. Calculate your horse's weight.
Follow these simple steps to determine your horse’s weight
- Measure your horse’s heart girth. Measure around the midsection, immediately behind the elbow and withers.
- Measure your horse’s body length. Measure from the point of the shoulder to the point of the buttock (tuber ischii).
- Weight Estimate Calculation:
Adult Horse: (Heart Girth x Hearth Girth x Body Length) / 330 = Bodyweight
Yearling: (Heart Girth x Hearth Girth x Body Length) / 301 = Bodyweight
Weanling: (Heart Girth x Hearth Girth x Body Length) / 208 = Bodyweight
- Weigh the amount of forage provided to each horse to ensure you are feeding the proper amount.
- Feeding some long-stem forage (hay) may help eliminate boredom and prevent stall vices.
- Horses that have dental problems or for horses that aggressively consume their feed, Standlee Premium Western Forage® cubes and pellets are recommended to be fed wet, soaked in water for 30 minutes or until properly softened.
- Gradually replace existing hay with Standlee Premium Western Forage® over a 7-10 day period. Replace existing hay on a 1 to 1 basis with Standlee Premium Western Forage®.
- Never feed moldy or insect infested forage to horses.
- Always provide free-access to fresh, clean water.
If you have questions, please contact the nutritionists at Standlee Premium Western Forage®, or consult with your veterinarian.
Feeding Instructions for other animals.