Premium Chopped Alfalfa/Timothy
Premium Chopped Alfalfa/Timothy is manufactured by cutting Standlee Premium Western Forage® into approximately 2-4” pieces. A small amount of canola oil is added to the chopped forage to control any potential dust. This mix combines two of the most popular forages fed to horses in a blend that is moderate to low in protein and sugar.
Growing horses (moderate to rapid growth), underweight horses, performance horses, mares in late pregnancy and lactating, breeding stallions, senior horses, horses with sensitivity to carbohydrates and horses with gastric ulcers
OTHER PRODUCT BENEFITS
- Low in carbohydrates
- Lower calories than straight alfalfa
- Highly palatable
- Easy to feed and store
- Mix with grains to lengthen time to feed
- Ideal for delivery of medication
|Crude Protein||Min 12%|
|Crude Fat||Min 4%|
|Crude Fiber||Max 32%|
Naturally Sun-Cured Premium Western Alfalfa Forage, Naturally Sun-Cured Premium Western Timothy Grass Forage, Canola oil (Preserved with mixed tocopherols, flavored with rosemary extract)
Forage is the most important component of a horse’s diet and should be fed at a rate of 1.5-2.5% of a horse’s body weight.
Calculate how much to feed your horse by simply entering your horses weight below. Calculate your horse's weight.
Follow these simple steps to determine your horse’s weight
- Measure your horse’s heart girth. Measure around the midsection, immediately behind the elbow and withers.
- Measure your horse’s body length. Measure from the point of the shoulder to the point of the buttock (tuber ischii).
- Weight Estimate Calculation:
Adult Horse: (Heart Girth x Hearth Girth x Body Length) / 330 = Bodyweight
Yearling: (Heart Girth x Hearth Girth x Body Length) / 301 = Bodyweight
Weanling: (Heart Girth x Hearth Girth x Body Length) / 208 = Bodyweight
- Weigh the amount of forage provided to each horse to ensure you are feeding the proper amount.
- Gradually replace existing hay with Standlee Premium Western Forage® over a 7-10 day period. Replace existing hay on a 1 to 1 basis with Standlee Premium Western Forage®.
- Chopped forage is often mixed with the grain portion of a diet to slow the rate of intake of grain. It is also utilized as a highly palatable carrier for medications for sick animals.
- Never feed moldy or insect infested forage to horses.
- Always provide free-access to fresh, clean water.
If you have questions, please contact the nutritionists at Standlee Premium Western Forage®, or consult with your veterinarian.
Feeding Instructions for other animals.