Premium Chopped Alfalfa
Premium Chopped Alfalfa is manufactured by cutting Standlee Premium Western Forage into approximately 2-4” pieces. A small amount of canola oil is added to the chopped forage to control any potential dust. Alfalfa forage is low in sugar, moderately high in protein, high in calories and digestible fiber.
For a limited time save $5 when you buy three (3) Standlee products in stores.
*Offer expires 10/31/2020
Growing (rapid growth) and underweight horses, horses with sensitivity to carbohydrates, horses with gastric ulcers and late pregnancy and lactating mares
OTHER PRODUCT BENEFITS
- Low in carbohydrates
- Highly palatable
- Easy to feed and store
- Mix with grains to lengthen time to feed
- Ideal for delivery of medication
|Crude Protein||Min 16%|
|Crude Fat||Min 4%|
|Crude Fiber||Max 30%|
Naturally Sun-Cured Premium Western Alfalfa Forage, Canola oil (Preserved with mixed tocopherols, flavored with rosemary extract)
Forage is the most important component of a horse’s diet and should be fed at a rate of 1.5-2.5% of a horse’s body weight.
Calculate how much to feed your horse by simply entering your horses weight below. Calculate your horse's weight.
Follow these simple steps to determine your horse’s weight
- Measure your horse’s heart girth. Measure around the midsection, immediately behind the elbow and withers.
- Measure your horse’s body length. Measure from the point of the shoulder to the point of the buttock (tuber ischii).
- Weight Estimate Calculation:
Adult Horse: (Heart Girth x Hearth Girth x Body Length) / 330 = Bodyweight
Yearling: (Heart Girth x Hearth Girth x Body Length) / 301 = Bodyweight
Weanling: (Heart Girth x Hearth Girth x Body Length) / 208 = Bodyweight
- Weigh the amount of forage provided to each horse to ensure you are feeding the proper amount.
- Gradually replace existing hay with Standlee Premium Western Forage over a 7-10 day period. Replace existing hay on a 1 to 1 basis with Standlee Premium Western Forage.
- Chopped forage is often mixed with the grain portion of a diet to slow the rate of intake of grain. It is also utilized as a highly palatable carrier for medications for sick animals.
- Never feed moldy or insect infested forage to horses.
- Always provide free-access to fresh, clean water.
If you have questions, please contact the nutritionists at Standlee Premium Western Forage, or consult with your veterinarian.
Feeding Instructions for other animals.