Certified Alfalfa Cubes
Certified Alfalfa Cubes are formed by coarsely grinding Standlee forage and forcing it through a large die with heat and steam. Alfalfa forage is low in sugar, moderately high in protein, high in calories and digestible fiber. This product is Certified Noxious Weed Free.
Growing (rapid growth) and underweight horses, horses with sensitivity to carbohydrates, horses with gastric ulcers and late pregnancy and lactating mares
OTHER PRODUCT BENEFITS
- Low in sugar/starch
- Large diameter slows down aggressive eaters
- Minimal waste, can be accurately weighed and measured
- Easy to feed and store
- Certified Noxious Weed Free
|Crude Protein||Min 16%|
|Crude Fat||Min 1.5%|
|Crude Fiber||Max 30%|
Naturally Sun-Cured Premium Western Alfalfa Forage, Bentonite
Forage is the most important component of a horse’s diet and should be fed at a rate of 1.5-2.5% of a horse’s body weight.
Calculate how much to feed your horse by simply entering your horses weight below. Calculate your horse's weight.
Follow these simple steps to determine your horse’s weight
- Measure your horse’s heart girth. Measure around the midsection, immediately behind the elbow and withers.
- Measure your horse’s body length. Measure from the point of the shoulder to the point of the buttock (tuber ischii).
- Weight Estimate Calculation:
Adult Horse: (Heart Girth x Hearth Girth x Body Length) / 330 = Bodyweight
Yearling: (Heart Girth x Hearth Girth x Body Length) / 301 = Bodyweight
Weanling: (Heart Girth x Hearth Girth x Body Length) / 208 = Bodyweight
- Weigh the amount of forage provided to each horse to ensure you are feeding the proper amount.
- Feeding some long-stem forage (hay) may help eliminate boredom and prevent stall vices.
- Horses that have dental problems or for horses that aggressively consume their feed, Standlee Premium Products cubes and pellets are recommended to be fed wet, soaked in water for 30 minutes or until properly softened.
- Gradually replace existing hay with Standlee forage over a 7-10 day period. Replace existing hay on a 1 to 1 basis with Standlee forage.
- Never feed moldy or insect infested forage to horses.
- Always provide free-access to fresh, clean water.
If you have questions, please contact the nutritionists at Standlee Premium Products, or consult with your veterinarian.