Standlee Premium Western Forage® creates and maintains a wealth of nutritional resources to help you maintain the nutrition of your horses. You can find those resources here.
- There are no upcoming webinars scheduled at this time.
RECORDED YOUTH WEBINARS
- A Window into Your Horse’s Digestive System: How It Works & How It Can Fail
- Beet Pulp – What Is It and Why Do Horses Need It?
- Gastric Ulcers in Horses
- How Can I Safely Feed a Neglected/Starved Horse Back to Health?
- How to Decrease Your Horse's Risk of Colic with Nutrition Management
- Metabolic Disease Prevention and Managment
- My Horse Is Carb Sensitive, Isn’t It?
- Open Nutrition Q & A with Equine Nutritionist Dr. Tania Cubitt
- The Power of Forage: The Importance of Feeding the Gut Microbiome in Horses
- Should I Be Concerned About Feeding Alfalfa?
- What Do I Need to Know About Balancing My Horse’s Diet?
- What Do I Need to Know About Raising Chicks?
- What Type of Hay Should I Feed My Horse?
- When Quality Hay Is In Short Supply, What Can I Feed My Horse?
- Winter Feeding
Infographics make complex information easy to understand. They also make dry information more engaging. Check out Standlee's custom-made infographics below.
- Can You Identify Normal Horse Vital Signs?
- Hay Is Not For Horses
- Horse Cooling Tips
- Signs Your Horse May be Suffering in the Heat
- The Importance of Your Horse's Gut Microbiome
- The Lucky History of Horseshoes
- The Subtle Signs of Laminitis
- Vital Signs in Horses
- What You Need to Know About Gastric Ulcers
With the help of Dr. Stephen Duren and Dr. Tania Cubitt (Standlee nutritionists), Standlee Premium Western Forage® has created several nutritional white papers across a wide variety of topics. Click on the links below to read more about the individual topics.
If you would like to learn more about a particular nutritional topic, please contact us at Product Inquiry.
- Alfalfa and Horses
- Beet Pulp: What do I need to know?
- Carbohydrates and Horses - What do I need to know?
- Dietary Changes And Forage
- Enhancing a Horse's Diet with Premium Forage FAQ
- Feeding And Management For An Obese Horse
- Feeding Neglected Horses
- Feeding The Senior Horse
- Fight The Cold: Feeding During The Winter
- Forage And Gastric Ulcers
- Forage For Horses – The Key To Health
- Guaranteed Analysis – Why Is It Important?
- Hay, Have You Thought About Your Horse's Forage!
- Hay In Short Supply? Horse Forage Alternatives From Standlee Premium Western Forage®
- Holding Diets for Show Livestock
- How To Decrease Your Horse's Risk Of Colic With Nutrition Management
- Low Carb Forage Options
- Managing Body Condition With Forage
- Meeting The Right Requirements - What Do I Need To Know About Balancing My Horse's Diet?
- Misconceptions In Selecting Forage For Horses
- Organic Alfalfa Pellets and the Lactating Dairy Goat
- Polysaccharide Storage Myopathy (pssm) – What Should I Feed To Address Tying-up Or Cramping?
- Research Shows Soaking Beet Pulp Reduces Sugar Content
- Ruminants And Camelids Digestive Overview And Forage Feeding Instructions
- Spring Pasture Turnout - What We Need To Know
- Standlee Premium Western Forage® Cubes And Pellets Vs. Dehydrated Hay Product
- Straw For Bedding
- Teff Grass Pellets To The Rescue
- The Big Two Forage Grasses: Timothy and Orchard
- Tips For Feeding Compressed Bales
- What Is The Right Kind Of Forage For Your Horse?
- Why Feed Forage Pellets or Cubes?
Nutritional Posts Archive
- August 2020 - What are Gastric Ulcers and What Can I Feed My Horse to Help Manage Them?
- July 2020 - What Is Oat Grass Hay and How Can It Benefit Horses?
- June 2020 - What Do My Goats Need in Their Diet to Be Healthy?
- May 2020 - How Feeding Teff Grass Pellets Can Help You and Your Horse
- April 2020 - How to Avoid High NSC Intake for Horses in the Spring
- March 2020 - Cushing’s Disease & Ensuring Medication Intake
- February 2020 - 4 Tips for Raising Chickens in the Winter
- January 2020 - What is Teff Grass and What Makes It Different from Other Forages?
- December 2019 - 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Beet Pulp
- November 2019 - 5 Common Horse Feeding Mistakes
- October 2019 - 3 Ways to Safely Prep Your Underweight Horse for Winter
- September 2019 - 3 Nutritional Disorders to Consider When Feeding Goats
- August 2019 - 3 Common Misconceptions of Feeding Alfalfa to Horses
- July 2019 - The Ins and Outs – Chicken Coop Bedding and Litter
- May 2019 - Feeding the Performance Horse
- April 2019 - Feeding Neglected Horses
- March 2019 - Spring into Action: Simple Steps to Bring Your Horse Back After Winter
- February 2019 - How Can I Get My Stubborn Cushing’s Horse to Take Medication?
- January 2019 - Are you looking for a USDA Certified Organic Alfalfa forage option for your animals?
- December 2018 - How Winter Affects Horses - Temperatures & Feeding
- November 2018 - How Much Hay You Need To Store For The Winter Months? – Prepping Now
- October 2018 - Feeding Goats: What You Need to Know About Forages and Winter
- September 2018 - Certified Noxious Weed Free Forage Options
- August 2018 - Giving Horse Pills Just Got Easier
- July 2018 - Prevent Overheating in Horses Using Nutrition
- June 2018 - Equine Gastric Ulcers: Causes, Symptoms & Management
- May 2018 - What Do I Feed My Horse? – Managing Forage Part 3
- April 2018 - What Do I Feed My Horse? – Managing Forage Part 2
- March 2018 - Issues with Horse Obesity and What It Leads To
- February 2018 - What Can I Do When Hay is in Short Supply?
- January 2018 - Promote a Healthy Lifestyle
- December 2017 - What Makes Some Forage Better Than Others?
- November 2017 - What You Need To Know About Gastric Ulcers
- October 2017 - The Secret to Properly Storing Hay
- September 2017 - Are You Feeding the Right Forage?
- August 2017 - Organic Alfalfa Pellets and the Lactating Dairy Goat
- July 2017 - Is Alfalfa Bad For Horses?
- June 2017 - Dealing with Heat Stress in Horses
- May 2017 - How to Manage and Prevent Tying-Up
- April 2017 - Protecting Your Horse from EMS
- March 2017 - Are Carbs Really Bad for Your Horse?
- February 2017 - 4 Vital Tips to Help Your Horse Adjust After Winter
- January 2017 - Winter Weather Tips for Your Horse
- December 2016 - What Are Your Feed Options in a Drought?
- November 2016 - How Does Winter Affect Your Horse? PDF
- October 2016 - Why Is Fall So Dangerous for Horses?
- September 2016 - How Important Are Electrolytes For Your Horse?
- August 2016 - How to Keep Your Horse from Overheating
- July 2016 - Making the Last Years, the Best Years
- June 2016 - Taking Care Of Your Senior Horse
- May 2016 - Dealing With Obesity In Horses
- April 2016 - How To Deal With PSSM In Your Horse
- March 2016 - 3 Incredible Things About Your Horse's Body
- February 2016 - Can Horses Really Love Someone?
- January 2016 - New Year's Resolutions For Your Horse!